Outdoor Adventure Cape Town
Outdoor Adventure in Cape Town
When summer is in full swing, Cape Town is the best place to visit for fun outdoor activities. If you find yourself in Cape Town city centre, you will be surrounded by hiking trails, the magnificent Table Mountain , and the icy Atlantic Ocean. Thrill-seekers have named Cape Town one of their favourite destinations, so grab your backpack, throw in some active wear and hiking shoes and don’t forget your GoPro !
Fun Outdoor Activities, Cape Town
If you find the thought of shark cage diving a bit daunting, try snorkeling with the seals in Hout Bay . Cape Fur Seals are known to have a very playful nature. We’re sure that these cute and furry creatures will add to one of your best memories in Cape Town.
Are your kids joining in the outdoor fun? Head down to Cool Runnings for some Tobogganing – a fun activity where you can sit in a sled speeding down a stainless steel track (in Africa we don’t do it in the snow) at around 40 km/h .
Lucky for you, you can control your speed with the built-in brake!
Things To Do, Cape Town: Outdoor Adventure Activities
You can now experience some of Cape Town’s best attractions all at once on an exhilarating skydiving tour . Explore the unique views over Table Mountain, Table Bay and Robben Island while you are soaring like a bird in the sky.
And for all the avid adrenaline-junkies, we have a lot more to offer. Abseil down Table Mountain, head out for some gun fun, or go shark cage diving – the options are endless!
Need some inspiration for more outrageous outdoor adventure activities? Check out our list below for some fresh ideas.
Showing all 8 results
- The best panoramic views of Cape Town
- Summit one of the seven natural wonders of the world
- Enjoy the rotating floor of the cable car for a 360° view
- The experience may be cancelled if the weather is bad
- Table Mountain can get very crowded
- Unrivaled natural beauty
- Hotel Pickup
- Multiple optional activities to add to your day
- All the best of the Cape in one day
- Entrance fees included
- Take some amazing photos
- A fair amount of driving
- Experience can be negatively affected by poor weather
- Additional entrance or activity fees not included
- Meals not included
Gansbaai Shark DivingGet up close and personal with the sea’s apex predators in this adrenaline pumping tour that is unforgettable. You are guaranteed to get face to face ...
- Up close encounters with sharks
- All inclusive package
- Weather can cancel dives
- Not suitable for younger children
- Fly like a bird
- Best views of Cape Town
- 100% safe
- Weather dependant
- Cannot pilot yourself without training
- Can be vertigo-inducing
- Enjoy views from the famous Table Mountain
- All equipment provided
- 100% safe
- Weather dependent
- You'll have to find your own way up and down the mountain
- Terrifying if you suffer from extreme vertigo
- Exquisite natural beauty
- Towering white dunes all around
- Conveniently close to Cape Town
- Sand everywhere
- Weather dependant
- Physically exhausting
- Unmatched aerial views
- Experience of a lifetime
- Photo opportunities like no other
- Breakfast and sparkling wine included
- This one's for the early birds
- Not ideal for those with vertigo
- Subject to cancellation due to weather conditions