USA Day Tours, Attractions & Excursions
The United States is one of the top three international travel destinations in the world, welcoming nearly 80 million visitors a year. With so many incredible places to visit and so many fantastic US tour options, it’s not surprising that so many put the ‘Land of Opportunity’ at the top of their travel bucket list.
USA Tour Destinations
The United States is a very large country and is home to many diverse cultures and destinations. Depending on what route you take, a road trip across America can range between 2,500 and 3,500 miles.
The size of the United States makes it very tricky to discuss the weather, seasons and things to do because the details range so vastly from state to state. On the bright side, you can be certain that there are many different tours of the USA to meet your needs – whatever they are.
If you’re looking for an escape to gorgeous, sandy beaches and long days in the sun, then touring Miami may be the best bet for you. The area is also very well known as a diver’s paradise, and its festive street life.
If you’re more of a cultural traveler and are curious about America’s complex history, then a trip to New Orleans could be just what you need. The music scene and culture in the southern city in the state of Louisiana has a rich history just waiting to be discovered.
Does the constant buzz of activity get you excited? New York City is the ultimate travel destination for city slickers and promises to be an eye-opening experience. The ‘Big Apple’ beautifully blends pop culture and modern life with a distinctly American flare.
Popular USA Tours
With so many exciting places to see and things to do, it’s very easy to become overwhelmed with choice. One of the best ways to overcome this is to pick a destination that suits your pace and travel preferences and book one of the many US tours available.
If you’re an outdoor enthusiast with some time on your hands, then you can take your pick from the American tours or day trips that bring you close to nature. Boston’s day trip to Niagara Falls is an incredible waterfall experience. Not only are the views magnificent, but travelers can also explore the history of the area.
Speaking of history, there are plenty of history-focused tour packages in the USA. One of the most popular ones is the carriage tour in New Orleans which guides travelers through the French Quarter on a horse-drawn carriage.
For those travelers more interested in pop culture, you’ll be pleased to know that a tour of the USA can tick your boxes too! For example, New York City’s Gossip Girl tour brings the popular show to life by taking travelers to key landmarks that are featured in the highly-rated television series.
Theatre-lovers can indulge in a show as well as a tour of the Dolby Theatre, one of the most iconic theatres in Los Angeles. A guided walking tour gives guests special glimpses behind the scenes of the famed stage.
FAQs About USA Holiday Tours
Now that your interest in America is piqued, you may have a few logistical questions. We’ve answered a few of them here to get you started.
What Do You Need to Visit the USA?
Enjoying these amazing tours in the US is only possible if you have the right paperwork to enter the country. Certain countries are exempt from needing a visa for a stay of fewer than 90 days (there are 39 countries on the visa waiver program). However, other countries need a tourist visa.
When Is The Best Time to Visit America?
As mentioned, the diverse regions in the United States mean that you can experience different climates in different states, at different times of the year. To be safe, it’s more affordable and temperate to travel in the shoulder seasons (spring and autumn).
Is It Safe to Travel to The United States?
The United States is ranked as the 51st safest country in the world. While generally considered a safe country for tourists, it’s important to remain vigilant (especially in certain areas) and take care of public announcements.
Showing 1–12 of 26 results
Immerse yourself in conspiracy theories and alien fun! See the infamous Area 51, the Extraterrestrial Highway, desolate Nevada desert, and ancient Indian petroglyphs that look suspiciously alien! ...
- Fun and interesting
- Great way to explore the area
- Your guide can fill in all the details and answer your burning questions
- Everything is provided
- does not cater to disabled people
- It’s a long tour for small children or people with illnesses and back problems
Step back in time and enjoy the Holy Land Experience! With award-winning live performances, a Scriptorium museum, and lots of fun activities, it’s great family fun. ...
- Fun and family-friendly
- Entertaining and educational for everyone
- Well-maintained and good staff
- Operates in all weather conditions so you won’t miss out
- Transport is not included
- More enjoyable for the religiously-minded
- Food and drink is not included in the ticket price
Explore one of the oldest plantations in the lower Mississippi Valley and ride in a Louisiana swamp boat. Step back in time and experience the antebellum south, this 5-hour tour combines two famous Louisiana attractions into one trip! ...
- Tour the oldest plantation along the lower Mississippi Valley
- This tour is well organized, your whole trip will be narrated by a local guide
- Vehicles have air conditioning
- The boat you will ride in will be open-sided and covered
- A minimum of 10 participants are required for this tour to operate
Grand Canyon Jeep Tours are a great way to experience the splendor of this iconic US landmark. ...
- Great for solo travelers, families or couples
- Incredible views and lots of fun
- This tour will take you off the beaten track
- Pregnant women and people with back or neck injuries are not advised to join
- Hiking and walking is limited
Your Jungle Island ticket gives access to a tropical world of wonder at Miami’s top eco-adventure theme park. Explore the lush grounds and discover creatures from across the globe! ...
- Enriching educational experience
- Explore 18 acres of lush tropical landscape
- Get up close to fascinating birds and animals
- A great day activity for the whole family
- Food and beverages are not included
- Exclusive experiences are an additional cost
Tour New Orleans oldest cemetery and find out why the graves of the deceased are built above ground. Hear tales of the past and witness these old and crackling tombs up-close! ...
- A fun and informational tour
- Tour is given by a local guide
- Operated in all weather conditions, rain or shine
Tour New Orleans’ French Quarter and surrounding areas on a horse-drawn carriage. This is the city’s historic heart, and famous for many sights and attractions. French Quarter carriage tours are perfect for all interests and age ...
- A fun and informational tour
- A unique New Orleans experience
- A great area of the city
- Tours take place in most weather conditions
Let the show come to life in this Gossip Girl Tour in New York where you follow the steps of the show’s characters. Visit all the key landmarks and top New York City sights featured on the highly-rated television series. ...
- Hear inside stories about the characters and locations
- Enjoyable way to see the Upper East side
- Bus or pedicab options
- Not great for rainy weather
- Many of the sites aren't wheelchair accessible
Enjoy a professional and passionately guided walking tour of the famous Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Be guided to some of the places where history was made and your favourite celebrities achieved greatness. The Dolby Theatre has hosted The Daytime Emmy Awards, America's Got Talent, Victoria Secret shows and so much more! ...
- Wheelchair accessible
- Guided tour
- Great availability during the day
- Short duration
- Must stay with the tour group
Experience New York’s most famous sports arena like never before in this all-access Madison Square Garden tour. You will be able to walk the halls and see some of the most exclusive parts of the arena with your all access ticket. ...
- An all-access tour of Madison Square Garden
- A friendly and professional live guide
- Informative guide booklets in multiple languages
- A virtual reality experience
- A digital video souvenir
- No food and drinks provided
- Access to some areas are subject to availability
The New York Botanical Garden, fondly known as the Bronx Botanical Garden, is one of New York City’s top tourist attractions. Expanding over 250 acres, and boasting a variety of different gardens and collections, a visit to NYBG is an outstanding day out for the whole family, and are easily the best botanical gardens in NYC. ...
- Explore the various gardens and collections at the iconic NYBG
- Admission into special exhibitions is included
- The perfect outing for the whole family
- The experience can be affected by weather
- The garden is not open on Mondays
The swamps are largely untouched and house an abundance of wildlife, both beneath the water and above the woody vegetation. Airboats are your best bet to view all the wildlife and Louisiana’s wetlands which span over three million acres. ...
- Informative tour guide
- Close-up wildlife encounters
- In close proximity to New Orleans
- It is educational
- No food provided
- Completely weather-dependent