‘Down Under’ has a wealth of experiences for international travelers to enjoy. Tours of Australia can take you from the golden beaches along the expansive coast to the wild outback and buzzing cities! Discover the ancient land, urban wonder and vast landscapes under the guidance of local!
Destinations in Australia
Australia is a land of plenty, with a variety of diverse experiences to indulge in. Encounter one of Australia’s most popular attractions with a visit to the Phillip Island penguins, or go back in history and visit Port Arthur or Sovereign Hill.
If you are a fan of the wild, then the vast, remote interior of the country is the perfect place for you to visit. The area is full of flourishing wildlife, despite the arid conditions.
If you prefer a city experience, then the cultural diversity, amazing food and expansive laneways in Melbourne offer a great way to experience the “coffee capital of the world”. A Melbourne city tour will bring you up close and personal with this vibrant city.
The beachy city of Brisbane boasts iconic coastlines framed by a large, urban sprawl. Sydney features the world-renowned Sydney Opera House, and Perth is loved as a large isolated city surrounded by nature.
If you love the ocean, then Australia is the perfect place to visit. The Gold Coast is celebrated as a surfer’s paradise and the Great Barrier Reef is home to breathtakingly beautiful coral. Regardless of how high your expectations are, chances are that Australia will meet them!
Popular Australia Tours
All major cities in Australia, and the spots in between, welcome tourists from around the world. Australia’s rich tourism is reflected in the number of guided experiences that they offer travelers while touring Australia.
A Brisbane city tour is one way to enjoy the best of the city with plenty of Brisbane foodie experiences to enjoy. In particular, the XXXX Brewery tour in Brisbane is known to attract several travelers looking to enjoy the lifestyle and culture of living in the area.
But Brisbane is just the tip of a very large iceberg! Melbourne day tours offer a Great Ocean Road tour, as well as Puffing Billy steam train and Phillip Island. In addition, a Perth day tour also gives travelers the opportunity to travel to Rottnest Island and visit the best sightseeing spots.
Australia has a wide variety of tours, experiences, and attractions to discover and explore. Booking a tour is a great way to ensure that you enjoy the perks of the country with the help and guidance of a local who can share the best knowledge of the region.
Australia has a fascinating history, strongly linked to the UK (which offers fascinating tours as well). This makes a visit to Australia an enriching, exciting and interesting experience. The country offers a wide variety of different experiences catered to specific preferences. Booking a tour in Australia will make sure that your needs are met, and your travels remain unforgettable.
Traveling to a new country can be intimidating at times, even with a guided tour. Here are a few frequently asked questions about Australian tours.
How Large Is Australia?
Australia is larger than many people initially expect. It is, in fact, the 6th-largest country in the world by area and has plenty of beauty spots just waiting to be explored!
How Much Does A Trip To Australia Cost?
An average night accommodation along Australia’s east coast (in a hostel) will cost approximately USD $20. From there, you can choose to do as many or as few Australian tour options that you want, keeping within your own budget.
What Do You Experience In Australia?
There is a wide variety of different experiences available in Australia. Overall, you can expect to experience a mild to warm climate, plenty of water sports along the coast and an abundance of wildlife inland.
Showing 1–12 of 21 results
- Authentic themed tour
- Scenic mountain views
- Transportation to and from Melbourne
- Prices can be on the higher end
- Does not offer the full railway trip
- Food is not provided
- Amazing views
- Informative and entertaining commentary
- Sense of achievement
- Good exercise
- Not suitable for kids under 8
- Only accessible for physically fit and able people
- Can be hindered by bad weather
- Lots of activities included
- Meals can be included
- Multiple Options
- No transport to and from the venue
- Wheelchair access is limited
- Tour can feel short
- See Sydney’s main water-side sights and landmarks
- Learn about the city’s heritage
- Take in some beautiful views
- A variety of enticing options
- Some cruises aren’t wheelchair accessible
- Pay extra for guaranteed window seats
- Stunning views of Melbourne and its surroundings
- Indoor and outdoor observation decks
- Gain a new perspective on the city
- Thrilling elevator ride
- Can be dampened by cloudy weather
- The Edge Experience costs extra
- Over 4000 animals to see
- Authentic habitats and enclosures
- Can get an up-close and personal with the animals
- Can be very busy
- Very large so you may not see everything
- Transportation to the venue can be difficult
- Informative local guides
- A detailed tour packed with information
- Delicious beer tasting
- Immersive way to experience the Brewery
- Free cancellation
- Packaging lines are not in operation on weekends
- The tour is not recommended for children under 5 years old
- Bags can’t be taken inside
- Discover Australia’s oldest brewery
- A great historical experience
- Drinks are included in the cost
- Not accessible for people with physical disabilities
- Not accessible for people under 16 years old
- Explore some of the best Sydney points of interest.
- Most tours have shuttle services
- Most tours offer food and refreshments
- Great for groups of friends and couples
- Most tours aren’t wheelchair accessible
- A lot of tours are only for 18+ years
- Most tours are weather dependent
- An incredible range of Australian wildlife
- The ability to connect with the animals on a personal level
- Cuddle with some adorable animals
- Learn about conservation and habitat protection
- Watch a series of daily shows and talks
- Support a morally outstanding sanctuary
- Bad weather can dampen the experience
- Koala photos and kangaroo food cost extra
- Most tours include hotel pickup and drop-off
- Some meals are included
- Flights around Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays
- A wide range of options are available
- Most flight tours are the same
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- Not suitable for people with mobility impairments
- Most tours have weight restrictions
- Not all tours have additional activities
- Trips can be canceled due to bad weather