South Africa is located on the southernmost tip of the African continent and boasts of great diversity. While remaining truly African, it still presents all the little luxuries we’ve grown accustomed to.
Whether you’re looking for a safari holiday, a beach destination, wine route to travel, or a hiker’s paradise, this country truly has it all!
Destinations in South Africa
If you’re looking for the best South African tours, you’ll need to head to some of the most popular destinations in the country. At the top of that list has to be Cape Town!
Surrounded by white sand beaches and a sweeping coastline, this city is home to one of the 7 wonders of nature – Table Mountain. Which means there are extensive hiking trails and plenty of water-based activities to participate in. Cape Town is also a sunny city for the most part, and is home to an eclectic mix of cultures, making it an interesting place to start your adventurous South Africa vacation.
Head to yet another coastal city for other tours in South Africa that are sure to blow your mind. Durban is a humid city, with tropical vegetation very different to that of Cape Town. Home to South Africa’s most popular water park, and some of the best hikes in the country, you’ll never run out of things to do during your South Africa trip. This can be considered one of the most romantic cities to tour in the world!
But no trip to South Africa would be complete without visiting Kruger National Park for a safari trip in Gauteng. See the Big 5 in their natural habitat – roaming the African plains. There’s something very special about seeing these majestic animals in their home, while you tour South Africa.
Popular Tours in South Africa
Taking a South Africa tour is by far the best way to experience the country. You’ll see the vibrantly colorful country through the eyes of a local, and receive insider tips on the best places to go.
Whether you’re looking for romantic tours for your honeymoon getaway, or outdoor adventure activities to participate in during your tours of South Africa, this country has something for you!
Cape Town is home to some of the most popular South Africa group tours. Spending the evening on the water as the sun sets could be your reality when you choose to take a sunset catamaran boat cruise. On many of these, champagne is also provided which makes the evening even more bubbly!
If you’re ready to see panoramic views of Cape Town city, then a Table Mountain cableway ride should be on your South African itinerary. It’s a must-do experience while you’re in the Mother City, and a right of passage for any true traveler!
If unleashing your wild side is what you’re about during your South Africa trip, then a Kruger National Park safari should be on the cards.
But no matter what South Africa vacation packages you decide to treat yourself to, there’s sure to be a great adventure around the corner!
When searching for the best South Africa tours, there are always a few questions that come to mind. Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions to put your mind at ease:
Is it safe to travel to South Africa?
Although South Africa is by no means one of the safest countries in the world, as a tourist you can avoid most crime by just being vigilant and aware. Exercise caution, and don’t travel alone in the CBD’s after dark, as this is when most crime takes place.
When should I visit South Africa?
South Africa is a great country to visit all year round. If you decide to visit during the winter months (June to August), then the humid city of Durban is a great idea as you’ll still enjoy warm, dry weather.
If you’re visiting during the summer months (December to March), Cape Town is the ideal spot to enjoy sunbathing on the beaches and cocktails at the seafront restaurants and cafes.
Showing 1–12 of 44 results
Quad Biking Johannesburg
- Sufficient quad bike instruction and practice
- See the bush from a unique perspective
- Great fun for the whole family
- Professional gear and guide
- Great family fun
- No meals or drinks provided
- Weather dependent. An alternative date or refund will be issue in the instance of bad weather
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes as you have to walk up and out of the gorge
- Maximum weight for tandem jumps is 130 kgs
- Professional crew and staff
- Incredibly safe
- No meals or drinks provided
- There are many different activities to choose from
- Adrenaline activity combined with scenic views
- Not suitable for people with disabilities
- People who are afraid of heights shouldn't participate
- Exquisite natural beauty
- Towering white dunes all around
- Conveniently close to Cape Town
- Sand everywhere
- Weather dependant
- Physically exhausting
- Enjoy views from the famous Table Mountain
- All equipment provided
- 100% safe
- Weather dependent
- You'll have to find your own way up and down the mountain
- Terrifying if you suffer from extreme vertigo
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option available, please make it know if you want this option upon booking
- Advise any and all dietary requirements when booking
- Minimum of 2 people per booking
- There is walking involved
- Tour of the park and the Small Drakensberg mountain range
- All inclusive
- Very popular, requires booking far in advance
- Enjoy both a breakfast and lunch buffet
- 2-3 Hour game drive in an open safari vehicle
- Meet the iconic Big 5
- Experience a Horseback safari or quad bike safari
- Safaris are guided by knowledgeable game rangers
Aquila Game Reserve Rates and Specials
- Meet the Big 5
- Explore iconic Aquila
- Enjoy both breakfast and lunch
- Transfers not included
- Spa treatments are an optional extra
- Age and weight restrictions may apply
- Ocean boat ride
- Informative guide
- Amazing dive on the Aliwal Shoal
- See stunning black tip sharks
- Enjoy a private tour
- Open to everyone over the age of 7-years old
- You don’t have to be a strong swimmer
- Doesn’t include video or pictures (available for purchase)
- Easy booking and cancellations
- Free pick-up service
- Great number of additional activities to be booked
- Additional costs may apply to enter Boulders Beach
- Admission fees for some stops