Italy Day Tours, Attractions & Excursions
Italy is a beautiful country in Southern Europe that has an extensive coastline on the Mediterranean Sea. It’s home to many famed cities such as Venice, Rome, and Milan. All of which have truly left their mark on western culture, and society as a whole.
With so many brilliant landmarks to visit and attractions to see, taking a trip to Italy could never be dull. Here’s everything you need to know about escorted tours of Italy.
Destinations in Italy
Tours of Italy explore a wonderful variety of destinations, from the grandeur of Rome to the quaint canals of Venice. This country is as diverse as it is beautiful.
As you’ll discover on your Italy trip, the weather varies greatly from summer to winter. So, a great deal of planning should go into buying your Italy tour packages. Cold winters create a snowy, picturesque atmosphere, while the warm summers are perfect for spending days lying in the hot Italian sun.
Take a romantic tour of the Tuscany region, sipping on fine wines and taking in majestic views along the way. If the famous wine region doesn’t tickle your fancy, then enjoy one of the Italian tours of Siena and walk the cobblestone streets with your significant other.
If you want to fill up your holiday with full-day tours, then a trip to the city of Milan is a must. Apart from being one of the fashion capitals of the world, it’s also filled with historic sights and famous galleries that display the world’s most well-renowned artists, such as Vincent Van Gogh and Paul Cézanne.
A few other must-see destinations in Italy are Lake Como at the foot of the Alps and Cinque Terre, a colorful town on the edge of the Mediterranean Sea. Verona is another must-visit destination, famed by Shakespeare in his play Romeo and Juliet.
If you’re an adventurer at heart, why not spend a few days exploring the magnificent Dolomites? These ice-capped mountains provide the perfect place for a short walk or a few days hike. You could also take the easy route, enjoying splendid views from the comfort of a cable car.
Popular Tours in Italy
While exploring a country by yourself is always fun, you may find it to be a little sad when you get home and realize you may have missed the best parts. Leaving disappointment at the door is the safer choice, and opting for a tour of Italy is the perfect way to ensure that you do. Having a guide to show you the ropes, makes any of your trips to Italy that much easier.
Not having to deal with the stress of deciding what to do every day of your vacation makes everything run a little smoother. And, without that on your plate, you’re free to focus on enjoying yourself and having a great time.
Some of the more popular tours in Italy include exploring the Colosseum in Rome or visiting the many famous sights that are scattered around each iconic city. Visiting the Pantheon, the Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain, and the catacombs are also must-do activities while you’re in the city.
If you’re a history lover, then taking a tour of the famed Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius is an absolute must. The city was destroyed in 79 AD when the Mt Vesuvius volcano unexpectedly irrupted. The volcano is still considered active, but scientists are constantly monitoring the mountain for its next eruption, so taking this tour is considered safe.
The Amalfi Coast is where you should be during your Italy tour if you’re a beach bum or simply love the ocean. You can take a sunset cruise from one of its many quaint harbors, or taking a kayaking tour along the coastline. This allows you to get a closer look at the beautiful sea-life that frequents the area.
No matter which tour you decide to take during your Italy trips, it’s sure to enhance your experience of the culture, cuisine, and activities.
We’re sure you have a few questions about your upcoming trip to Italy. We’re here to put your mind at ease with answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the best Italy tours.
How Much is a Tour of Italy?
The cost of your trip is highly dependant on where you’re flying from, what you’d like to do in Italy and how long you’d like to stay. However, we can still give you an average cost so you can begin budgeting for your trip.
The average cost of a trip to Italy is around USD $11 700 per person. For a family of four, you should budget for at least USD $1000 per day.
What is the Best Way to See Italy in 10 Days?
There’s a variety of ways you could see Italy in 10 days, but we recommend you start with Rome. You can then travel by train to Florence and spend a few days enjoying this popular city and then move on to Tuscany.
You should then visit Cinque Terra, after which you should make your way to Venice. This quaint town makes the perfect ending point for your Italy trip.
What is the Best Time to go to Italy?
The best time to visit Italy is generally in Spring (April to June) or Autumn (September and October). This is when you can expect mild temperatures and fewer tourists. This brings down the cost of your accommodation and tours.
Showing 1–12 of 14 results
Discover the iconic Duomo Cathedral of Milan! Learn all about the fascinating history and take in the beauty of this impressive gothic-style cathedral. ...
- Gain priority access to the Duomo Cathedral, Milan’s most notable monument
- Learn the cathedral’s fascinating history from your tour-guide
- Skip-the-line ticket for fast entry
- Tour can be cancelled due to bad weather
Spend 15-minutes admiring the most sought-after masterpiece in the world - The Last Supperby Leonardo da Vinci. You’ll also explore Milan and visit it’s most famous landmarks. ...
- You’ll get the opportunity to skip the line at one of the most iconic churches in Milan history.
- All entrance fees are covered during the tour.
- No hidden costs.
- Food is not catered for during the tour.
- There is a lot of walking involved.
See the best of Naples in a shorter amount of time on the platform of a Segway! These personal transporters are the most innovative way to tour Naples, Italy. See the natural beauty of the city and learn the history while whizzing around on a narrated outdoor tour. ...
- A great way to see more of the city in a shorter period of time
- Training is provided
- Riders must be over 100 pounds
- Must be 16 years of age or older
Bus-tours of Milan are the perfect way to see as much of the city as possible! With these half-day and full-day tours you’ll see all the main attractions in a shorter amount of time. ...
- Convenient form of transportation
- Well organized transportation
- Live guide or audio guide is provided on all tours
- Select tours are only offered on certain days
Pisa is one of Italy’s most famous cities, known for its incredible architecture and the world-renowned Leaning Tower of Pisa, which has become a major drawcard for visitors. ...
- Travel through beautiful Tuscany
- See the major sights of Pisa
- Entrance into incredible landmarks
- Can be enjoyed in a few hours
- Some attractions not available during busier hours
- Food and drink not included
- Involves a lot of walking
- Entrance into some buildings requires an extra charge
Visiting Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii Ruins are on the top of many travelers’ bucket lists - and for good reason. The fascinating, ancient ruins of Pompeii will tickle any history lover pink, and a short 8 km away, Mount Vesuvius stands tall as a mesmerizing natural wonder. ...
- All transportation included
- A combination full-day tour
- Expert guides that speak English
- Can get very crowded at times
- Not accessible for those with disabilities
When in Rome, do as the Romans do! That’s the advice we would give anyone looking to visit the "home of Italian heritage". The locals will show you the most authentic time within the city if you allow them, and if there’s one thing you’re going to need, its a guide through the queues of tourists. ...
- Combined tours make for more simple planning
- More seen in less time
- Options are available for a variety
- No pickup or drop-off
- Lots of walking
- Very busy/full day
- Dresscode for places of worship and museums
St. Peter’s Basilica is known as one of the most popular tourist attractions found in Rome and throughout the world. From pilgrims to historians, this ancient landmark has become the cultivator for many an individual’s life-changing experiences. ...
- Get to see the Vatican in all its glory
- Bypass any and all the queues
- Have access to special locations
- Often not enough time to take it all in
- No wheelchair access
- Could be canceled at any time due to religious functions
Visit a world-famous Murano glass factory and learn about the age-old art of glass-blowing. The island of Murano is located in the Venetian lagoon, it is home to the world’s finest artisan glass. Find out what makes this glass so revered and catch a glimpse into the ...
- A great way to learn more about the glass-making process
- Return transportation to Venice from Murano is not included
Welcome to the Colosseum! One of, if not the, most iconic landmarks found anywhere on our planet, and one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. Situated in the center of Rome, tours of the Colosseum are both well suited to your itinerary needs and conveniently located to some of Rome’s other attractions! ...
- See one of the greatest man-made landmarks in the world
- Skip the thousands of queuing people
- Get an insider’s guide into the history of the monument from local professionals
- Lots of walking
- No hotel pickup
- No wheelchair accessibility
A colossal stadium, and home to two giants of European football, AC Milan and FC Internazionale, the San Siro Stadium is a must see in Milan. Take in the views of the 80,000 seater-stadium, walk on the hallowed turf, and experience the modern home of everything AC Milan at Casa Milan on a San Siro Stadium Tour. ...
- Select tours are only self-guided
- Not wheelchair accessible
Explore the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel without the usual hordes of tourists by booking an evening tour. Offered seasonally on Friday nights, this experience is not to be missed! Skip the long lines and discover one of Italy’s most famous ...
- After-hours admission into the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel
- All tours includes a knowledgeable guide
- This tour is only offered May through October
- This tour only runs on Friday evenings