Garden Route South Africa
One of the main tourist attractions that this majestic country has to offer is the Garden Route, with beautiful stretches of coastline and greenery. The natural beauty will amaze you, the culture will captivate you and the adventure will leave you wanting more. Are you ready to experience all that the Garden Route has to offer?
Make sure your Garden Route holiday itinerary is jam-packed, full of all the best attractions, excursions and guided tours that get a big thumbs up from us everytime. We’ve found them all – so you don’t have to miss out!
One of the amazing parts about the Garden Route? Well, it’s home to the Tsitsikamma National Park, of course! This patch of protected forest can be found some 60 kilometers from Plettenberg Bay, and is home to amazing Kayak tours. You can have a look at our Garden Route Map at the top of this page to give you an idea of where to find it. Paddle under the suspension bridge and onto the Storms River canyon. In the canyon you pass breathtaking cliffs and caves.
Don’t miss out on a short hike to Storms River Mouth, crossing the famous Suspension Bridge is a must for anyone holidaying up the Garden Route.
Why not gain a new perspective on South Africa with a zipline canopy tour – gliding from platform to platform above the forest canopy. Passing the giant trees and learning interesting facts about the area’s differently shaped pears, giant yellow woods and tree ferns – your eyes and ears are in for a treat.
Experience South Africa’s gentle giants at the Garden Route Game Lodge, which guards the entrance to South Africa’s world famous Garden Route Coast. This malaria free, private game reserve is home to a variety of animals and bird life – you can expect to see the Big 5 for sure.
Why not check it out:
Another exciting way to explore all the Garden Route has to offer is by heading over to Knysna for some whale watching! But whales aren’t the only thing to get excited about in this awesome ocean adventure – you’ll find dolphins and great white sharks mucking about in the water too!
So if a trip up the Garden Route National Park is on your bucket list, then check out these really cool tours.
Showing all 7 results
- Close encounters with wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Various tours to choose from, each day of the week.
- Money made from the tours is used to maintain the wild cats’ sanctuary.
- Minimum height limit for most of the tours.
- Children are not allowed on most of the tours.
- There is an entrance fee to the National Park
- There may be a long waiting period in peak season
- You will need to meet at the venue
- Bring your swimming costume and sunscreen
- Paddling is required
- This tour is weather dependent
- Perfect tour for friends and families
- All kayaking equipment included
- Flexible starting times
- Waiting period applicable in busy seasons
- May be canceled due to bad weather
- Arrive an hour before tour begins (details will be on ticket)
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Wear closed shoes
- Maximum weight is 120kg
- Fully-trained guides
- Excellent safety precautions
- Pristine forest to explore
- Exciting zipline activity
- Lunch and water included
- Weight restriction
- A stunning tour of the Knysna Estuary
- Sailing along the Garden Route coast
- Refreshments included
- Sailing along the coast is dependent on weather and sea conditions
- Fun for the whole family
- Not weather-reliant
- Both informative and exhilarating
- Can be cold if the weather is poor
- Pregnant women are not allowed
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- See whales up-close
- Enjoy a wide variety of marine life
- Entrance fee included
- No meals included
- Brings something warm
- Not an adrenaline pumping boat ride
- Whales and dolphins not garaunteed
- Tour dependant on weather
- Get up close and personal with wild whales and dolphins
- Whale spotter on the hill
- Unrivalled natural beauty
- Professional Guide
- Can get cold
- No guarantee of sightings
- Tour is weather dependant