Explore one of the oldest plantations in the lower Mississippi Valley and ride in a Louisiana swamp boat. Step back in time and experience the antebellum south, this 5-hour tour combines two famous Louisiana attractions into one trip!
- Visit the Destrehan Plantation, established in 1787
- Tour the Manchac Swamp, a privately-owned wildlife refuge
- See alligators, raccoons, snakes, and other wildlife creatures
- Experience a landscape unlike any other
See the best of Louisiana on this combined plantation and swamp tour! Visit the Destrehan Plantation and cruise along the privately owned Manchac Swamp.
Experience what it was like to live in the antebellum south by touring one of the oldest documented plantations in the lower Mississippi Valley. Learn the fascinating history of the Destrehan family’s sugar dynasty and explore the beautiful grounds overlooking the Mississippi river.
Next, you’ll cruise along the Manchac Swamp on a covered boat. Enjoy the scenic river banks, marshy swampland and lush greenery. Don’t forget your camera, this is the perfect place to see uninterrupted wildlife. Capture pictures of alligators, turtles, native birds and other wildlife that inhabit the area.
This combo swamp and plantation tour will take you on a cultural and historical journey back in time. Your knowledgeable guide will be with you every step of the way to narrate your journey and answer any questions you may have.
- Tour the oldest plantation along the lower Mississippi Valley
- This tour is well organized, your whole trip will be narrated by a local guide
- Vehicles have air conditioning
- The boat you will ride in will be open-sided and covered
- A minimum of 10 participants are required for this tour to operate
Specification: Swamp and Plantation Tour New Orleans
5 – 5.5 hours
Food and drinks, Gratuities, Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Entry/Admission – Destrehan Plantation, Guided swamp cruise, Guided tour of Destrehan Plantation, Roundtrip transfer to and from New Orleans
|Meals & Drinks|