Cape Town Bucket List
Cape Town Bucket List
Planning a trip to Cape Town? Well, then you probably already know why it is known to be one of the top places to visit in the world. It is the city that has it all – pristine beaches, majestic mountains, lush green vineyards and unique suburbs all blended together to make the perfect travel destination!
Besides the stunning ocean views and awesome mountain backdrops, the combination of vibrant restaurants, various festivals and dynamic culture leave travellers wanting to come back for more.
Like standing on the tip of Table Mountain, your high expectations will be exceeded in every way!
Activities To Do in Cape Town
On top of all the natural beauty, there is a helluva lot to do in Cape Town! Whether you are looking for relaxation, adventure, history or entertainment – you will definitely find it all in the Mother City.
So, if you’re looking for a Cape Town bucket list, better grab a pen and paper. This might just take a while…
Named one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, it is a no-brainer that Table Mountain should be at the top of your list. There are various steep hiking routes to get to the top, but the easiest and most popular way would be to hop on one of the Table Mountain Cable Cars.
At the top of the mountain, you will find a handful of boutique restaurants and shops where you can buy some souvenirs, grab a delicious lunch or enjoy an ice cold beer and admire the breathtaking panoramic views of the ocean and city.
Hike Lions Head
A popular activity among tourists and locals – hiking up Lion’s Head is a must-do. It is a relatively small mountain nestled between Table Mountain and Signal Hill and offers dramatic backdrops of the ocean and Table Mountain National Park. What makes it unique? It is literally in the shape of a lion.
Whether you go for an early sunrise mission, pack a few sundowners for sunset or do a full moon hike – whatever you do, get on top of that lion’s head!
Tandem Paragliding Signal Hill
Another way to explore Cape Town is in the sky. Yes, that’s right! Tandem Paragliding offers you the amazing opportunity to fly above the Mother City (and get a glimpse of a day in the life of a seagull!).
There are mainly two platforms, either from Lions Head or Signal Hill – so take the leap and enjoy an exhilarating experience!
Sunset Catamaran Boat Cruise
This is one for all the lovebirds out there – take your better half for a romantic boat cruise and enjoy a magical sunset as you sail away on the crystal blue waters.
A complimentary glass of sparkling wine is also thrown into the mix – if you were thinking of going down on one knee and popping the question, what better way to do so?
Boat trip to Robben Island
Robben Island is not only a World Heritage Site, but also a man-made reminder of one of the most remarkable chapters in South Africa’s history. It is the notorious island prison that held former president Nelson Mandela for 18 years.
Visitors can take guided tours through the prison and also view Nelson Mandela’s prison cell where he spent most of his time. His legacy still echoes on the island as a symbol of perseverance, hope and freedom.
Franschhoek Wine Tram
The hop-on-hop-off wine-tram is the best way to experience the culture and soul of the Franschhoek valley, Cape Town’s very own little ‘corner of France’.
A railway tram will take you to various farms where you can hop-off and explore while indulging in some wine-tasting, grabbing a French-inspired lunch or simply strolling through the lush green vineyards. A true Cape Town gem that will dazzle you with loads of character and charm!
Looking to expand your Cape Town bucket list even more? Check out these amazing deals below.
Showing all 9 results
- Brilliant way to relax after a long day
- Great date night idea for before or after dinner
- Chance to see the city from a new, different perspective
- Possible cancellation for rain and poor weather
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The best panoramic views of Cape Town
- Summit one of the seven natural wonders of the world
- Enjoy the rotating floor of the cable car for a 360° view
- The experience may be cancelled if the weather is bad
- Table Mountain can get very crowded
- Unrivaled natural beauty
- Hotel Pickup
- Multiple optional activities to add to your day
- All the best of the Cape in one day
- Entrance fees included
- Take some amazing photos
- A fair amount of driving
- Experience can be negatively affected by poor weather
- Additional entrance or activity fees not included
- Meals not included
- Secure a ticket on the ferry to Robben Island
- Discover the rich history of the island from a former prisoner
- Learn about South Africa’s dramatic past
- The tour may be canceled due to bad weather conditions
Gansbaai Shark DivingGet up close and personal with the sea’s apex predators in this adrenaline pumping tour that is unforgettable. You are guaranteed to get face to face ...
- Up close encounters with sharks
- All inclusive package
- Weather can cancel dives
- Not suitable for younger children
- Fly like a bird
- Best views of Cape Town
- 100% safe
- Weather dependant
- Cannot pilot yourself without training
- Can be vertigo-inducing
- Enjoy views from the famous Table Mountain
- All equipment provided
- 100% safe
- Weather dependent
- You'll have to find your own way up and down the mountain
- Terrifying if you suffer from extreme vertigo