London Day Trip Activities
Showing the single result
Explore the gorgeous historic city of Oxford via train from London. Wander amid the dreaming spires and learn the far-reaching history of this archaic city! Oxford has been one of the most prestigious cities on Earth for almost 1,000 years thanks to its world-renowned university. For centuries, scholars, scientists, philosophers, and authors have flocked to the city and called it home. Some of the most notable figures in these fields have spent time in Oxford, from J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis to Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking. The city is packed with gorgeous old buildings, each with a winding history and a story to tell. The university town is also alive with the hum of students having a good time! If you're looking for London weekend activities, a trip to Oxford is a great option.
★★★★★More details +
Oxford is an absolutely breathtaking city, and there's no better way to experience it than with a guided tour. Having an informed guide and running commentary adds historic context, which really enhances the experience. A great option for tours and sightseeing in Oxford.
Value for money
- Explore the beautiful honey-colored buildings of Oxford
- Easy meet up and transport
- Peppered with great facts and information
- Informed, friendly guide
- Free time to explore the rest of Oxford at your leisure
- May not be suitable for those who aren’t able to walk for long periods of time
- Bad weather can dampen the experience
- No hotel pickup or drop-off
- Limited language options