Vienna History Activities
Showing the single result
The Hofburg Palace has undergone a few transformations over the past couple of centuries, but one thing remains the same: Its splendour and grandeur are still absolutely magnificent. The palace was built in 1463, and then extended in 1495 by the famed Maximilian I. However, it was given multiple makeovers through the ages and miraculously still stands today! The palace has been preserved in its 17th and 18th century style, fit with ornaments, clothing pieces and artifacts that the Imperial family would have made use of when staying in the Palace. Take a tour of the Hofburg Palace, fit for a king! After viewing the Imperial apartments at the Hofburg palace, sit down for lunch at the extravagant Cafe Sacher inside the Hofburg Imperial palace.
Hofburg Imperial Palace Prices 2023You can expect to pay between $30 to $185 for a tour of the Hofburg Palace, Vienna. This depends on what you’d like included in your tour. Two different tours include different activities and the one offers a lot more freedom than the other.
Opening TimesThe palace is open daily. Hofburg Palace hours: September to June: 9am - 5.30pm July to August: 9am - 6pm
Know before you book:
- On site facilities like a restroom and a cafe are available
- Tickets include entrance fees
- Filming and photography is not allowed within the Imperial apartments
- Large items such as suitcases or strollers are not allowed into the Hofburg Palace in Vienna
- Food not included
- The Hofburg Palace is wheelchair accessible
- See a marvelous building created in the 15th century.
- This palace has been named Vienna's most magnificent baroque palace, and you’ll get to see it from almost every angle.
- Get a unique perspective of the palace by learning its history on your tour.
- See many ornaments and artifacts from the 18th and 19th century.
- Learn about how the Imperial families lived in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Admire the extravagant Jewelry that the empresses used to wear.
★★★★★More details +
A tour to the Hofburg Palace is one of the best tours you can do while you’re in Vienna. Be sure to book a tour before your trip to secure your adventure to the Hofburg Imperial Palace.
Value for Money
Level of Activity
- See the incredible collection of dresses from empresses past
- Marvel at the outrageous jewelry collection that once belonged to an Austrian empress
- See the impressive silver collection
- Entry fees to all the museums within the Imperial palace are included
- Food and beverages aren’t included
- Transport to and from your hotel isn’t included
- There are no tours that take you to the Hofburg Imperial palace only