The Hofburg Palace has undergone a few transformations over the past couple of centuries, but one thing remains the same: Its splendour and grandeur are still absolutely magnificent. The palace was built in 1463, and then extended in 1495 by the famed Maximilian I. However, it was given multiple makeovers through the ages and miraculously still stands today!
The palace has been preserved in its 17th and 18th century style, fit with ornaments, clothing pieces and artifacts that the Imperial family would have made use of when staying in the Palace. Take a tour of the Hofburg Palace, fit for a king!
After viewing the Imperial apartments at the Hofburg palace, sit down for lunch at the extravagant Cafe Sacher inside the Hofburg Imperial palace.
Hofburg Imperial Palace Prices 2019
You can expect to pay between $30 to $185 for a tour of the Hofburg Palace, Vienna. This depends on what you’d like included in your tour. Two different tours include different activities and the one offers a lot more freedom than the other.
The palace is open daily. Hofburg Palace hours:
September to June: 9am – 5.30pm
July to August: 9am – 6pm
Know before you book:
- On site facilities like a restroom and a cafe are available
- Tickets include entrance fees
- Filming and photography is not allowed within the Imperial apartments
- Large items such as suitcases or strollers are not allowed into the Hofburg Palace in Vienna
- Food not included
- The Hofburg Palace is wheelchair accessible
- See a marvelous building created in the 15th century.
- This palace has been named Vienna’s most magnificent baroque palace, and you’ll get to see it from almost every angle.
- Get a unique perspective of the palace by learning its history on your tour.
- See many ornaments and artifacts from the 18th and 19th century.
- Learn about how the Imperial families lived in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Admire the extravagant Jewelry that the empresses used to wear.
The Best Hofburg Palace Ticket in Vienna 2019
Once this palace was the winter home of the Austrian royal family, now it’s a tribute to the Habsburgs that once roamed its hallowed halls. The palace has been named one of Vienna’s most magnificent baroque palaces, and it’s easy to see why!
Visitors to the Hofburg can explore some of the Hofburg palaces many Imperial apartments, the Sisi museum and the incredible silver collection that dates back to the 15th century -Such an old vintage collection! Visitors of the Hofburg also have access to the world-famous Spanish Riding school, for an extra fee, where they can watch an incredible performance.
The Sisi museum is a dedication to the empress Sisi who had an incredible dress collection that is now on display for all to see. It’s a collection any women dreamed of as a little girl!
You’ll then follow in the footsteps of Emperor Franz Joseph and empress Elisabeth while you explore the extravagant suites and state rooms of the Imperial apartments.
Whether you choose to tour the UNESCO heritage centre on a bicycle, by foot, by segway or take the hop-on hop-off bus option, be sure to stop by at the Hofburg Palace! With so much history to share, this palace could easily be one of the most historically interesting palaces in the world!
Your guide will teach you all about the history of the palace, its many refurbishings and how it came to belong to the Austrian Royal family for so many years.
The can either do a guided tour of the Hofburg Imperial Palace or a self-guided tour option. This This depends on whether you’d like to decide where you spend the majority of your time, or if you’d prefer to have someone show you around.
Best of Vienna Tour
This tour has a lot to see and is best suited for those who are interested in historic sites. You’ll visit many museums, palaces and other places of great historic value.
If you’re a lover of all things historic, this is the perfect tour to help you learn all about the history of vienna and it’s wonderful ancient buildings.
Hop-on hop-off bus tour
This tour is suited for those who like to keep their schedule a little more flexible! The hop-on hop-off bus tour leads you around Vienna and allows you to get off at any of the main tourist attractions in Vienna. This allows you to take a choose your own adventure style tour.
- See the incredible collection of dresses from empresses past
- Marvel at the outrageous jewelry collection that once belonged to an Austrian empress
- See the impressive silver collection
- Entry fees to all the museums within the Imperial palace are included
- Food and beverages aren’t included
- Transport to and from your hotel isn’t included
- There are no tours that take you to the Hofburg Imperial palace only
Specification: Hofburg Palace Ticket
5 hours – full day
Entrance Fees, Food and drinks
|Meals & Drinks|
No meals provided
Architecture buffs, Families, History lovers
32 reviews for Hofburg Palace Ticket