Make the most of your visit to Costa Rica with this full-day guided tour from San Jose.
You will see some of the most spectacular sights in an exhilarating Costa Rica excursion. This will take you to the Poas Volcano, a tour of the coffee plantation at Doka Estate and an exploration of the trails and breathtaking sights of the La Paz waterfall.
Check out butterfly observatories along the way, and enjoy a delicious breakfast and lunch. This is a must excursion from San Jose! Read on for more information:
Know before you book:
- Wear long pants
- Bring a light jacket
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Remember to bring your camera and sunscreen.
- Marvel at the impressive crater of Poas Volcano
- Hike the trail to the beautiful Botos Lagoon
- Enjoy the views of Doka Estate Coffee Plantation
- Enjoy strolling through the trails of the La Paz Gardens
This Costa Rica full-day tour will start with an early pick-up from your hotel in San Jose, where you will be met by your friendly guide to take you on this full-day adventure.
Driving along the Pan-American highway, you will pass the Agriculture Monument, the Monument of Juan Santamaria and Mango Park on route to Poas Volcano National Park.
Witness the 2,708m-high active Poas volcano, with a 320m crater, whilst learning about the coffee plantations, the country’s golden bean. Continue on the drive, passing fern, flower and strawberry farms that create a beautiful palette of colors.
Atop the volcano, there will be time to explore the magnificent main crater and its emission of sulphur fumaroles, and hike along the trail to the wondrous Botos Lagoon. All whilst learning about the various ecosystems in the park.
Next, the adventure will continue to La Paz Waterfall Gardens, where you will wander the trails of the garden. See the oldest butterfly observatory in the country, and additional bird and frog exhibitions, before marveling at the spectacular waterfall where you can take photos or soak in the views from the bridge above.
Lastly, enjoy a delicious buffet lunch before heading back to San Jose to be dropped back off at your hotel after a day of awe and exploration on this San Jose day trip.
Poas Volcano Prices 2019
Prices for this tour start at about $140 (USD) and a minimum of 2 people are required to join the tour. The start time depends on which ticket you purchase but will either start at 5:30am, 7:00am or 7:30am.
Mon – Sun: 7am – 5pm
Duration: 9 hours from pick-up time
- Pick-up and drop-off from San Jose hotel location
- Air-conditions vehicle
- English-speaking knowledgeable Tour Guide
- Entrance Fees
- Entrance Fees
- Experience a full day of activity of Costa Rica’s best in one go, see major tourist attractions and the most famous waterfall in Costa Rica
- A knowledgeable English speaking tour guide informs you along the way
- All entrance fees are paid
- Meals are included
- A moderate level of fitness is required to reach the waterfall and ascend the volcano
- It is a long day and you will leave your hotel early in the morning and return in the evening
- The weather may make seeing the sights difficult
Specification: Poas Volcano, Doka Estate & La Paz Waterfall Combo Tour
Need a certain degree of physical fitness
Hotel pick-up (on select tours)
Admission tickets, Breakfast, English-speaking tour guide, Hotel pick-up and drop-off, Lunch
|Meals & Drinks|