The Cathedral of Saint Mary of the See, more commonly known as the Seville Cathedral, is the largest cathedral in the world. Standing at 413.ft high and 253,000 sq ft in total area, it towers over all its counterparts.
As Spanish tourist options go, Seville is the third most frequented city in the country, alongside Barcelona and Madrid, and the Catedral de Sevilla is its most iconic landmark.
Sitting at its heart, the Cathedral, Seville, is central to all the city’s activities. It’s one of its major hubs. Hence, why Seville Cathedral tickets are some of the most popular and sought-after tickets around.
Below you’ll find a variety of options and packages to make use of during your visit to the cathedral. Great options for romantics and families alike.
Know before you book:
- You are required to wear sleeved clothing
- It is an active religious site
- Children under 9 enter free
- The largest cathedral in the world
- The largest Gothic church in the world
- La Giralda climb and view
The Catedral de Seville has the formal title of “See”. This refers to the “episcopal see”, a church that holds a catholic bishop’s jurisdiction. This makes the cathedral a very important seat of power within the Catholic faith.
And, its design and historic magnitude reflect this. Seville’s cathedral is the biggest in the world and has been the site for many historic events. It has seen the baptism of Juan of Aragon, as well as the life and death of Christopher Columbus.
It’s also the burial site for famous monarchs, such as Ferdinand III of Castile and Peter the Cruel. Along with them are famous cardinals such as Juan de Cervantes and Pedro González de Mendoza.
Inside you’ll find the famous Archbishop’s Palace, the Gothic nave, as well as famous carvings of Christian imagery. Finally, the famous bell tower, La Giralda, meaning “she who turns”, tops the steeple and is probably the cathedral’s, and city’s, most well-known and iconic attraction.
Seville Cathedral Prices 2020
The Seville Cathedral entrance fee is $10 USD. This covers access to the cathedral grounds only.
Guided tours, which offer a lot more insight into the history of the church, begin at around $20 USD per person. Depending on add-ons and extras, this price can rise to $70 USD.
Opening hours at the Cathedral can vary depending mainly on the time of the week.
As it’s an active religious site, times are influenced by the mass schedule and feast days. However, a standard week would look like this:
Monday: 11am – 3:30pm
Tuesday – Saturday: 11am – 5pm
Sunday: 2:30pm – 6pm
Best Time to Visit
The shoulder season at the Seville, Spain, Cathedral is by far its best time to visit. Although September through to January is winter in Spain, it’s by no means cold. Humid yet mild days make for great exploration. That, and lesser amounts of tourists!
Below you can find a handy summary for the best time of year, week and day to visit Catedral de Sevilla:
● Best Time of the Year: Shoulder season in Seville sits in the Fall and Winter months. Peak season between February and June is the result of two major events that take place here, mainly the Semana Santa (Holy Week) and Feria de Abril.
Although worthwhile events to see in their own right, if avoiding large groups of tourists is your goal, then try planning your travel away from them.
● Best Time of the Week: Weekdays and weekends are based around mass times and events hosted at the Seville Cathedral. Due to it being a fully functioning church, mass times on weekends make it difficult to host guided tours. So, a visit during the week is advised.
● Best Time of the Day: Generally, there is no specific best time during the day to visit the cathedral. However, Spanish locals have a custom of practicing siestas (3pm – 5pm). Look into how this might affect your respective tour.
Seville Cathedral Tickets and Tour Options
The Catedral de Seville is a marvel to behold and a must for any and all who find themselves in Seville. A guided tour can only improve that experience, and we have a few for you to make use of.
Below you’ll find two of our most sought after and highly promoted guided tour options.
Seville Cathedral Skip-the-line Guided Tour
Take a walk in and around the Seville Cathedral with your tour guide leading the way. Gain some invaluable insight into the legacy of this historic monument.
Marvel at its architecture, appreciate its artworks and try your best to take in its vast heritage. Learn about its Islamic, Jewish, and Christian past, and get a first-hand view of how these historical pasts have shaped the cathedral today.
End your exploration with a climb to the top of La Giralda, and spend a moment marveling at the view she affords you. Take in Seville from its most central point and get that 360-degree panoramic of the city, perfect for Instagram.
- Official Tour Guide
- Audio system to enhance the experience
- Access ticket onto the grounds
- Pick-up and drop-off from hotel
- Entrance to surrounding sites
Enjoy a great skip-the-line tour option, including a guided tour, as you walk the halls of this famous church. From its famous artworks to the Arabic and Jewish influences, you’ll get to see the cathedral’s expansive history in its walls and windows.Check Price & Book
Seville Cathedral & Alcázar Added Tour
With this added-on tour, you’ll get an in-depth look into the historical influences that played a part in the foundations and forming of the cathedral as we know it today.
With the trip to the Palaces of the Alcázar now included at the start, you’ll learn about the Islamic roots of the cathedral’s location, and how things have changed through history.
- Extended tour with official guide
- Individual audio for a personal experience
- Entrance into UNESCO sites
- Lifts to and from hotel
This package is perfect for those looking to add that little bit more to their Catedral Sevilla trip. By heading over to the Alcázar first, before visiting the cathedral, an extra layer of information is added to your tour.
One of the Seville Cathedral’s biggest drawcards is its heritage and history. This specific package is one of your best chances of gaining a glimpse into that backstory. On top of that, it will also fill your day up that much more.Check Price & Book
- Personalized tour experience
- Possible access to surrounding sites
- No lifts to and from the venue
- No included meals or snacks
- Required to wear sleeved shirts
Specification: Seville Cathedral Tickets 2020 (Prices, Times, & Options)
1 – 2.5 hours, 4 – 6 hours
Headsets, Professional guide, Skip-the-line access
Meals and drinks, Transport
|Meals & Drinks|
Meals not included (available for purchase)
Couples, Families, Families with older children, Solo travelers