Family in Cape Town
Planning a family holiday can be quite tricky sometimes. Luckily, Cape Town is one of the trendiest locations in the world, ensuring that there will be fun family activities in Cape Town to keep people of all ages entertained.
Cape Town: Family Weekend Getaways
The active, artsy and animal-orientated family won’t have a problem finding fun activities to enjoy together while on holiday in Cape Town.
As a parent, you probably know that traveling with kids can be quite stressful. You want them to be safe. Happy kids, equals happy parents. We’ve taken a look at a few locations where you and your kids (and your dog if you’re lucky) are more than welcome for a weekend getaway.
Fun Family Activities in Cape Town
Visit The Table Bay Hotel, conveniently located at the V&A Waterfront. Take a boat to Robben Island to explore the informative history of Nelson Mandela’s captivation. Kids too young? Take them to Scratch Patch – where they can select (and keep) their own gemstones.
In and around Cape Town City Center you can find exciting activities for the whole fam. If the weather doesn’t permit outside activities, why not go to an indoor trampoline park or the ice skating rink instead? If the sun is out, visit the Milkwood Maze at Imhoff farm – good luck finding your way out!
Hout Bay is also a great destination for a family weekend away. Visit the World of Birds or the Hout Bay Market where you can bribe the youngsters with a snack if they get bored.
Stellenbosch is perfect for a weekend of rest and relaxation. Stay on a farm and start your mornings off slowly – in the Winelands. Visit one of the strawberry farms where you can grab a basket and start picking fresh strawberries. Strawberry-picking season is between September and January. There’s also no shortage of outdoor weekend markets; with live music, wine and slow food in the Cape region. Get yourself ready for some family fun!
Showing all 6 results
- The best panoramic views of Cape Town
- Summit one of the seven natural wonders of the world
- Enjoy the rotating floor of the cable car for a 360° view
- The experience may be cancelled if the weather is bad
- Table Mountain can get very crowded
- Unrivaled natural beauty
- Hotel Pickup
- Multiple optional activities to add to your day
- All the best of the Cape in one day
- Entrance fees included
- Take some amazing photos
- A fair amount of driving
- Experience can be negatively affected by poor weather
- Additional entrance or activity fees not included
- Meals not included
- Secure a ticket on the ferry to Robben Island
- Discover the rich history of the island from a former prisoner
- Learn about South Africa’s dramatic past
- The tour may be canceled due to bad weather conditions
Gansbaai Shark DivingGet up close and personal with the sea’s apex predators in this adrenaline pumping tour that is unforgettable. You are guaranteed to get face to face ...
- Up close encounters with sharks
- All inclusive package
- Weather can cancel dives
- Not suitable for younger children
- Fly like a bird
- Best views of Cape Town
- 100% safe
- Weather dependant
- Cannot pilot yourself without training
- Can be vertigo-inducing
- Unmatched aerial views
- Experience of a lifetime
- Photo opportunities like no other
- Breakfast and sparkling wine included
- This one's for the early birds
- Not ideal for those with vertigo
- Subject to cancellation due to weather conditions