Boat tours around New York City are the perfect way to explore the enigmatic architecture nestled in the heart of the Big Apple.
An NYC architectural boat tour will guide you through the compact Manhattan borough. Take a boat trip along the Hudson, East, and Harlem Rivers and marvel at the feats of architectural genius along the shores. Steeped in history and urban culture, the classic architectural wonders of Manhattan draw in academics and architecture enthusiasts on the regular. Prepare for an informative, thrilling experience in one of the most famous cities in the world.
- Learn all about the Architecture of Manhattan
- See the sights from the deck of a cruiseliner
- Cruise along the Hudson, East and Harlem Rivers
Know before you book:
- Not recommended for children
- Can be crowded during peak season
- Being a luxury, informative experience it can get quite pricey
The American Institute of Architects NYC is a state organization and the voice of the architectural profession in America. AIA New York is the oldest chapter of this established organization, forming the first group back in 1857.
Dedicated to the preservation of architecture and always welcoming to newcomers, the AIA offers a number of informative tours, programs, and exhibitions around this great city to inspire future architects and curious tourists alike.
The city of New York is filled to the brim with interesting architecture. From the lavish hotels and terraces forming the set of the hit series Gossip Girl to the urban wonderland of downtown Manhattan, this goliath of a city has something for everyone. Touring New York City is a must and an architectural boat tour is a perfect way to begin.
AIA BOAT TOURS PRICES 2021
The cost of the tickets/tours starts at about $20 USD (R280) to around $108,43 (R1,617.53) depending on the number of passengers.
Pricing from ticket provider below:
ARCHITECTURAL BOAT TOUR TIMES
These architectural cruises around New York City run seven days a week throughout the year.
Monday – Friday: 9am – 2pm
Saturday – Sunday: 9am – 1pm
BEST TIME TO GO ON AN NYC ARCHITECTURAL BOAT TOUR
While anytime is a good time for an informative boat cruise, the best time to go is in the dryer months between August and March. Clear, sunny days are best for inspecting spectacular skylines and architecture. Visiting in October can be especially exciting as this is when ‘Arctober’ – a city-wide conglomeration of architectural and design-based events.
AIA BOAT TOURS | NYC, MANHATTAN
An AIANY boat tour is a staple excursion for architecture enthusiasts in NYC. Cruise along the Hudson aboard a 1920’s style yacht and admire the towering superstructures of Manhattan as you glide by.
Every AIA New York boat tour is hosted by an expert guide and dedicated member of the institute. Expect an informative narration of the architectural history of Manhattan during your trip.
Enjoy views of the city from the large windows of the Manhattan or the Manhattan II. Head out to the deck to snap some close-up pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge and more. With some of the best architecture tours New York City has to offer, this is not an endeavor to be missed.
With that in mind, here are a few safety tips and suggestions to ensure your boarding goes smoothly:
- While simple snacks are allowed onboard, light food options will be available to you on certain tours. Passengers can also expect one complimentary beverage per person.
- Bookings of 1-9 guests have the option of rescheduling up to 24 hours prior to departure. Bookings of 10 and up are expected to reschedule at least a week in advance.
- A minimum of two ticket purchases during the reservation will score you a private table inside the stylish yacht.
- While gratuity is not included in the price of your cruise, it is highly recommended to leave a tip.
Lastly, this is a heavily narrated educational tour, so be sure to keep your conversations on the quiet side. For this same reason, only children over the age of 14 will be permitted access to this tour.
AIANY AROUND MANHATTAN ARCHITECTURAL TOUR
This Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise provides a comfortable, detailed tour circumventing the island of Manhattan. Board at Chelsea Piers (Pier 62) and partake in a sublime tour of the classic spires of Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, and several other NYC architectural attractions. Passengers can also expect a complimentary beverage on this tour.
- Guided narration by a member of the American Institute of Architects New York Chapter
- Private table with a two ticket minimum purchase
- One complimentary beverage
- Food selections for purchase
- Not wheelchair accessible
Learn all there is to know about the lavish buildings of Manhattan’s Financial District as you pass by the One World Observatory. Snap some shots from the water of the iconic Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building. This tour will then take you cruising along the Upper East Side and further north past the George Washington Bridge.
After up-close views of both Roosevelt Island and Four Freedoms Park, your lengthy educational tour will come to an exhilarating end.Check Price & Book
- Short distance from public transportation
- Educational experience
- Service animals allowed
- Meals not included
- Not suitable for younger children
- Full circumnavigation of Manhattan is not guaranteed
Specification: Architectural Boat Tours NYC | AIAY Manhattan Routes 2022
6 reviews for Architectural Boat Tours NYC | AIAY Manhattan Routes 2022