With around 3 160 tons of water rushing over them every second, the Niagara Falls are one of Earth’s greatest natural spectacles. The raw power and beauty of these three enormous waterfalls have made them arguably the best-known waterfalls in the world, and they are truly a sight to behold.
With these day trip to Niagara Falls from New York tours, all transport from your hotel in New York City to the waterfalls and back is taken care of. You’ll be shown around the falls and enjoy the ‘Maid of the mist’ voyage, or a thrilling ‘journey behind the falls’.
Know before you book:
- The Niagara Falls cruise operates weather permitting, which means schedules may change
- Other languages are available but not guaranteed
- The tours cross over into Canada, so ensure that you have all the correct documentation required (passport, visa, etc)
- Hotel pick-ups are only available for hotels located between 23rd Street and 7th Street NY
- Get right up close to the stunning Niagara Falls
- See both the American and Canadian sides of the falls
- ‘Maid of the Mist’ boat ride during the summer months (May – October) for incredible views from the mist
- ‘Journey Behind the Falls’ in the winter months (November – April)
- Hotel pick-up and transfers
Niagara Falls is a group of three enormous waterfalls that sit right on the international border between New York state and Ontario, Canada. The falls, which drain Lake Erie into Lake Ontario, reach an astounding height of 167 feet (51 meters), and combined, they form the highest flow rate of any waterfall in North America.
Are you looking for memorable things to do in Ontario? Witnessing six million cubic feet of water falling relentlessly over the falls every minute makes for an incredible sensory experience. The falls are truly a wonder of nature and something you’ll be sure to remember as a highlight for years to come.
Straddling the border between the US and Canada, these falls also happen to be just a short flight away from New York City. This makes it possible (and incredibly rewarding) to take a day trip from New York City to Niagara Falls.
The Niagara Falls from NYC tours allow for you to get right up close to the falls, either from the water by boat, or by slipping in behind the colossal walls of water for an incredible view from the inside. Your guide will pepper the tour with interesting facts and information as you absorb the thunderous gush of the falls.
Whether you choose the option that transports you via bus or the option of flying, the journey is certainly worth the reward.
If your tour of Niagara Falls takes place during the summer months (between May and October), you’ll get to take a ride up to the falls on the world-famous ‘Maid of the Mist’ boat.
Operating for over 150 years, the ‘Maid of the Mist’ cruise floats passengers right into the mystical mist that surrounds the roaring falls. The 30-minute cruise drifts you across the foaming waters to the basin of the Horseshoe Falls and the base of the American Falls. Feel the cool mist on your skin as light dances through the spray and across the water.
If your tour falls in the winter months (between November and April), your guide will show you a different side of the falls as you embark on the ‘Journey Behind the Falls’. An elevator takes you down 125 feet before you emerge behind the waterfall.
New York, One Day Tour Prices 2020
The cost of a New York to Niagara Falls day trip is between $225 and $540 depending on whether you opt to travel from NYC to Niagara Falls by bus or by plane. In this post, we’ll explore both of these exciting Niagara Falls tour options.
Niagara Falls Opening Times
While the Niagara Falls are flowing and open for viewing 24/7, the tours take place at specific times throughout the day. You don’t need to worry about opening times, the tour provider will take care of all the timing.
Best Time To Go
The best time to visit Niagara falls is unarguably the summer months (between June and August). Summer is the busy season, but the warm temperatures make the cool, misty spray from the falls irresistible!
New York to Niagara Falls Day Trip Options
The Niagara Falls are accessible from New York City via bus or plane. Taking the plane is quicker and easier, but taking the bus is cheaper and offers a scenic journey through New York state. We’ll discuss and compare these New York to Niagara Falls tour packages below.
New York to Niagara Falls Bus Tour
This one-day tour to Niagara Falls from New York by bus is best suited for those who want to save some money and enjoy a scenic bus ride through New York state. It saves the hassle of driving across-state to see the falls and allows you to get some rest during the journey.
If you choose the New York to Niagara Falls bus tour, your journey will start in the small hours of the morning as you depart from New York City in a comfortable bus with Wi-Fi and entertainment. The bus ride offers spectacular views of the Appalachian Mountains, and you’ll stop along the way for a snack.
The bus ride can vary in length, but will generally take around 7 – 8 hours. And the tour will take around 19 hours from start to finish.
What we liked: An affordable way to visit Niagara Falls from New York!
- Round-trip bus transfers from New York City
- Guided bus tour of Niagara Falls
- Boat tour (if option selected)
- Bilingual guide
- Comfortable bus journey with WiFi and entertainment
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Click the button below to find out more about this New York to Niagara Falls Bus Tour.Check Price & Book
NYC to Niagara Falls Flight
This day trip to Niagara Falls from NYC includes airplane transport and is best suited for those who wish to travel quickly and efficiently between New York City and Niagara Falls. This option will save valuable holiday time and minimize stress.
Following a pick-up from your New York City hotel, you’ll be shuttled to the airport and board a flight bound for Upstate New York. The one-hour flight is scenic, so try to get a window seat and look out across the striking American landscape!
Once you arrive, you’ll board a bus for a guided tour of both the American and Canadian sides of the falls. The tour is informative and offers stunning views of the falls from multiple angles. After you’ve experienced the earth-shattering power of the falls, you’ll move back to dry land for a comfortable buffet lunch with stellar views.
The entire tour will take around 14 hours from pick-up to drop-off.
What we liked: The fastest and easiest way to explore Niagara Falls from New York City!
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (only for hotels located between 23rd Street and 75th Street)
- Buffet lunch over-looking the falls
- Round-trip airfare
- Maid of the Mist tickets (between May and October)
- Journey behind the falls (between November and April)
- Guided bus tour of the falls
- Dinner, breakfast, and snacks
- Hotel pick-up from any hotels that are not located between 23rd Street and 75th street, Manhattan
Click below to find out more about this tour and book your tickets! Be sure to book well in advance, as this Niagara Falls day trip from New York sells out quickly.Check Price & Book
If you’re in Boston, consider taking a tour to Niagara Falls from there!
- An easy and time-efficient way to see the incredible Niagara Falls from New York
- Get right up close to the waterfalls
- The guided tour offers interesting information and stunning vantage points
- The travel time for the bus option can be a bit long
- The traveling can be excessive if you struggle with long journeys
- It can be a long day, some people may get tired
Specification: Day Trip to Niagara Falls from New York (Bus & Flights Prices 2020)
14 hours for the flight option, 19 hours for the bus option
Maid of the Mist OR Journey Behind the Falls, Transport from New York to Niagara Falls and back
Buffet lunch (flight option only)
Hotel pick-up and drop-off (flight option only)