Kruger National Park Day Tours, Attractions & Excursions
Planning a trip to Kruger National Park? Here, your love for the African wildlife will reach new heights. Known as ‘the heart of the Lowveld’ it is also home to the Big 5, baobabs and marula trees, with endless miles of open fields, natural ponds and vast rivers. The Kruger Park alludes to a soothing and untouched atmosphere which provides visitors an authentic experience of the African wilderness.
The Kruger National Park, South Africa lies across the eastern regions of the provinces of Limpopo and Mpumalanga. Covering an area of roughly 20,000 square kilometres, it is one of the largest game reserves in the African continent. Inside the park, the vast variety of interconnected roads makes it extremely accessible and also offers an abundance of accommodation – both budget and luxurious!
Things To Do In Kruger National Park
The best way to explore the Kruger Park is behind your own steering wheel – there is no better feeling than being one of the first to arrive at the Kruger gate before sunrise, with high hopes of seeing a leopard jumping out of a tree to hunt for breakfast!
The park also offers various restaurants to grab lunch, gift shops to shop for souvenirs, as well as a handful of picnic sites and waterhole look-outs. What better way to enjoy the crisp and fresh bushveldt air and beautiful scenery. Just outside the Kruger National Park also awaits a few adventurous activities you can try out:
- Go swing a few golf balls at Kruger Park Lodge in Hazyview. The golf course has a real ‘bushveld atmosphere’ with beautiful water features. Don’t be surprised if you bump into a few hippos or impalas roaming free!
- Visit the Masorini Village Museum situated at the Phalaborwa Gate to get a glimpse of the hunter-gathering way of life during the Stone Age.
- Get your adrenaline fix at the ‘Big Swing’ in Graskop, a picturesque small town of Mpumalanga, and swing across the third largest gorge in the world!
Kruger National Park Tours
The Kruger National Park offers visitors a variety of guided tours, for a classic safari experience. Kruger park tours include morning trips, afternoon drives, night rides or a full day adventure with a variety of vehicles and packages to choose from.
The Kruger Safari Tours can be done in a large group at very affordable prices. Or, if you feel like splashing out, there are also private and exclusive tours that include food and drinks at higher rates. The Kruger National Park Full-Day Game drive is very popular among daily visitors. On the other hand, luxury safaris are for more sophisticated guests who enjoy luxurious accommodation, while a well thought out Kruger Package Tour can provide an excellent all-round experience.
Showing all 8 results
Get your adrenaline pumping with a big swing across the third largest gorge in the world. If that isn’t your style, you can enjoy an exhilarating zip line ride across the gorge, and take in the beautiful views of the Graskop Falls. ...
- Professional crew and staff
- Incredibly safe
- No meals or drinks provided
This mini-tour of the Kruger National Park is a brilliant way to spend your weekend. Seek out the Big 5, many different mammals and species of birds, and then finish off in the beautiful landscape of the Drakensberg. ...
- Tour of the park and the Small Drakensberg mountain range
- All inclusive
- Very popular, requires booking far in advance
Enjoy a 3-day adventure around the glorious Kruger National Park. Wine and dine the night away in a luxurious hotel or snuggle up in one of the cozy bungalows. Spend your days discovering all the many creatures and plants the area has to offer and enjoy the wide expanse of diverse wilderness. ...
- Accommodation included
- 3 days of safari
- Big 5 sightings
- Minimum age may apply
- Not wheelchair accessible
Take a journey through the vast and never-ending beauty of the Kruger National Park. Seek out the Big 5, wonder at the indigenous flora, and spot some of the unique birds that call this part of the world home. ...
- Long, detailed journey
- Experienced guide
- Opportunity to spot the Big 5
- Entrance fees not included
- Food and drinks aren't provided
Going on safari is one of the highlights when visiting South Africa, and Johannesburg safari tours are arguably some of the best in the country. There are several game reserves near Johannesburg that boast incredible wildlife - including the famous Big Five - for travelers to enjoy. ...
- A variety of options to choose from
- Pick either a morning, afternoon or full-day tour
- Transport is typically included
- Not wheelchair friendly
- Travel is required
South Africa is often voted as one of the best safari destinations in the world. The Kruger National Park is where nearly 2 million hectares of unrivaled diversity of life forms fuse with fascinating historical and archaeological sights. Take one of these Kruger National Park safaris from Nelspruit to immerse yourself in the ...
- Fully guide and in-depth tour
- Small group size
- Game reserve safari
- Sometimes unavailable for extended periods of time
- May have minimum age
- May have limitations on group size
There are few experiences that top being able to see the Big 5. Some of the earth’s most majestic creatures, in their natural habitat, are all on show during these half and full day safari tours through the famous Kruger National Park. These are guaranteed to be the most amazing Johannesburg to Kruger National Park tours. We've compared them so that you can find the the perfect tour for you! ...
- Up-close viewings of the Big 5
- Very knowledgeable guide
- No meals included
- Game sightings not guaranteed
Don't miss out on seeing unique trails from the seat of a quad bike. If you enjoy a thrill with a view, take this amazing tour on your Kruger holiday. ...
- Amazing tour
- Beautiful views
- Family activity
- Guide drives according to the abilities of the group
- Only 20 minutes outside Kruger National Park
- Larger groups are split into groups of five